This person is responsible for the accounting and human resource administration functions required for financial management and compliance to all applicable laws, as well as occasional front desk/reception coverage. This is a part-time position with the potential to transition to full time. Reports to Finance Director.
BASIC ACCOUNTING FUNCTIONS
Responsible for the accounting operations of the organization, including but not limited to, the production of financial reports, and maintenance of a compliant system of accounting records. This position will prepare and maintain records that are reviewed and used by an outside CPA firm to prepare tax returns, quarterly payroll tax reports, and perform the annual financial audit.
• Process accounts payable and receivable
• Maintain an orderly and accurate financial filing system
• Work with the Finance Director to prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
• Provide monthly financial reports to the firm’s outside CPA
• Record cash receipts and bank deposits
• Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements
• Prepare reports for the firm leadership as requested
HUMAN RESOURCES, PAYROLL AND ADMINISTRATION
Ensure compliance in day-to-day operations of human resource and payroll duties. Duties include but are not limited to the following areas: employment, payroll, employee relations, benefits, compensation, and administration.
• Process payroll
• Maintain employee personnel files
• Coordinate group benefits enrollment and administration including health, dental and disability insurance, 401K program, PTO, and COBRA administration and compliance
• Manage worker’s compensation administration, including accident reporting requirements and claims management
• Maintain and update Employee Handbook and Benefits Manual
• Serve as point of contact for all payroll/benefits inquiries and complaints, ensuring prompt, courteous and appropriate resolution
• Maintain required insurance policies including but not limited to general and professional liability, Workers’ Compensation, etc.
Experience in bookkeeping and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Strong organizational skills and attentional to detail
Software: Microsoft Office suite programs, Deltek Vision (preferred, not required)
Send resume/cover letter to: email@example.com