Siebkens Resort

Siebken’s Resort consists of the Belleview Hotel, an 1882 Italianate style house constructed as a small lake hotel; the Opera House, a Greek Revival style assembly hall built 1882 and historically used as a theater, bar, and store; the Lake Cottage, a small 1888 Queen Anne style boarding house along the shore of Elkhart Lake; the Ice Cream Stand, an octagonal seasonal building completed in 1921; and the Elm Park Hotel, built in 1925 as a Colonial Revival hotel. 


Elkhart Lake, WI


33,000 SF


In progress

The complex is listed in the National Register of Historic Places for its significance under Criteria A for its association with the history of the entertainment resort economy of Elkhart Lake during the twentieth century. The history, integrity, and perseverance of Siebken’s Resort from 1916, when Herman Siebken purchased the property, to 1969, when the property continued in its original use up to fifty years ago, serves as its period of significance.